Friday, December 7, 2007

Thanksgiving Abroad...Continued

Day Three:

I spent most of my fun day at sea in my non-spacious stateroom waiting for the pain in my head to subside. I did manage to get up for dinner, but had to leave as they were bringing the entree because we were traveling through yet another storm and the ship, she was a' rocking. That's pretty much it for day three.

Day Four:

Montego Bay, Jamaica. This was by far, the best day of my trip. We woke up for breakfast at about 7am and then traveled to the pier for our tour departing at 8am. Heather and I were supposed to meet Becky and her Mother, but they were no where to be found. As I have learned from my Father, tours do not wait on you, we went on without them. We took a two hour "scenic" busride across the poverty stricken countryside of Jamaica until we arrived at Dunn's River Falls in Ochos Rios. If you are not familiar with this, it is a huge waterfall that you can walk up. We had a very fun falls guide named "B.B. Gibbs" short for Big Belly Gibbs and a fascinating videographer named Peeping Tom. His actual name was Mark. The water was FREEZING, but they kept us singing reggae tunes such as Hot, Hot, Hot and I Shot the Sheriff to take our mind off of it. To climb these falls, you make a huge human chain of about twenty people. Strangers I might add. Heather had the luxury of holding a woman's hand for the first leg that almost took her down about three times because she was so scared and panicked. This made for a good time for me. Most of the tour groups stayed on the left side of the falls where it was safer and you could take shorter strides. Not B.B. Gibbs. He took us straight up the middle of that thing. It was terrifying but exhilirating. We made it through with no major catastrophe.

I will have to finish this up later...yet again. Brother Kevin called me and so I have to get back to work now. Thanks for calling Kevi...I love you!

No comments: