Monday, January 8, 2007

Seriously




Okay, so for those who didn't know, Shannon and I had a Grey's Anatomy Marathon (well, half-marathon for Shan) on Saturday night and had a wonderful time. We are both fans of the popular television series, but have only viewed it once together. It is much more enjoyable to watch the show with someone who has the same feelings towards it, rather than watching it alone on TIVO. I do love TIVO, though. We laughed at the same moments, felt emotional at others, and could glance over and see the tears forming in the others eyes. Shannon did very well with that, by the way. We joked around that we live vicariously through the exciting lives of the fictional characters. Television is a way to escape from reality, minus a few commercials if you don't have TIVO. After Shannon left and Matt returned from the A&M basketball game (Gig Em') and was excited to tell me all the details I decided that I don't want to escape. I think that I have it pretty good. Besides, they have problems, too, and most of theirs are surprisingly more dramatic and heart wrenching than my own. Shannon thinks that she would have made an excellent brain surgeon (which I'm sure that she is capable) but I think that she will be happier carefully constructing the minute details of a dollhouse. I think that I would have made a good orthopedic surgeon, shoving back in dislocated bones, but I think that I would rather shove around my hyper-active dog. So, while it is great to escape once a week, I think that we would both rather be living our own lives with the families that have just begun, and with the love and friendship of those in the families already established.

With that being said, I have just been handed Season Two, with 27 episodes...that's 21 more than season one! I will enjoy them immensly, but be happy when they are over that I can return to my normal, non-chaotic life. Seriously!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Yeah! I had a great time too! But I don't think I could watch 27 epsisodes of anything... I need to get with you this week. I'll call you tonight!
Shan